After contacting our conductor Jamie Arrowsmith, and receiving an invitation to join SYO:
Register for the Sudbury Youth orchestra by:
- Contacting the Continuing Education Office, Cambrian College at 1400 Barrydowne Road
- Register in person, by telephone: (705) 560-0330
- Online by searching the website: secure.cambrianc.on.ca/coned/home.cfm
Please type in: Sudbury Youth Orchestra in the ' search for a word' to bring you to the correct course
Registration fees: $90 each for the fall and winter semesters.
Registration should be completed by the 2nd rehearsal of each semester.
RehearsalsRoom 1176, Cambrian College Music Department
Thursday, 6:00 pm to 7:45 pm
Additional rehearsals TBA (weeks prior to concert/Kiwanis festival)
TransportationMembers supply own transportation however there are some opportunities to carpool with other families.
Parking info: parking lots 7&8 are the closest and least expensive for rehearsal.
- Arrive a few minutes prior to rehearsal to tune your instrument and get yourself organised
- Be ready to play at 6 pm sharp
- Cell phones are not to be seen or heard for the duration of the rehearsal - please leave your cell phone in your instrument case or in your coat
- Wear the required concert uniform at all performances
- White short length sleeve shirt for girls and white long sleeve shirt for boys, provided by the SYO
- Black pants or skirt, black socks and black shoes provided by the musician